Your UTR Number can be found on most letters you receive from HMRC regarding corporation tax (for companies) or self-assessment tax (for sole traders/self-employed) as 'Reference'. If you cannot find it, you can request a reminder from HMRC which will be posted to address HMRC has for you. This would normally arrive within 7 days.

You should register for the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) if you work for a contractor in the construction indistry.

Under the CIS scheme, your contractor will deduct 20% from your payments and pass it to HMRC as a form of advance payment towards your income tax and national insurance.

If you do not register for the scheme, the contractor will deduct 30% from your payments instead of 20% (GOV.UK, n.d.).

Complete the Order Form below for us to register you for the CIS Scheme as a sub-contractor.